Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Living for the Moment

I am reading Lysa TerKeurst’s book, What Happens When Women Say Yes to God. I just finished reading the chapter about living for the moment verses focusing on Jesus. “Our life will follow where we choose to focus our vision.” I have definitely been more of a living-life-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kind of girl. My house shows it. My body shows it. This afternoon I went to grab an ice-cream bar out of the freezer. Just as I reached for it words from Lysa's book came to mind, “living for the moment.” So I left the ice-cream in the freezer where it will do me the most good. I repeated those words a couple of times out loud, “living for the moment” and it occurred to me to ask a question. Have I been living for the moment or have I been living for that moment when I see Jesus face to face? I am ashamed to admit that I have been focused on my own personal comfort. Day by day, moment by moment. Falling for the all too familiar if-it-feels-right-at-the-time-do-it mentality. So my latest thought is that it is okay to live for the moment… as long as that moment is His and not mine.

No comments: