Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Just Do It!

I will save you all the drama/trauma of what led up to this little realization. Let's just say that I've been very selfish and am realizing, yet again, that it isn't about me! It's about Him. I've strayed.... again. Earlier this evening I was in tears. I was feeling quite defeated. I began praying and opened the Bible. 1 Chronicles 28:9,10.

9 "And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever. 10 Consider now, for the LORD has chosen you to build a temple as a sanctuary. Be strong and do the work.


This passage was so encouraging to me. It was a bit disappointing at first, "David summoned all the officials of Israel to assemble at Jerusalem:..." I thought, Oh great, I ask for a Word and He gives me Chronicles? But God is Faithful. He loves me. The wretched, selfish, lazy worm that I am. He is so GOOD!!!!
I keep looking at me. At what I can or cannot do. What I have done or haven't done. I take pride in those little Make-Me-Proud Mommy Moments. I beat myself up over those not-so-proud Mommy Moments. I look around and wonder what people think of my parenting skills. I worry that grandparents think I'm being too hard on my kiddos. Or that my hubby thinks I'm too lax. Do you see all those I's? Wow! So then I start berating myself for being selfish... Oh, I forgot. I was going to spare you the drama details. How about some more of Him, instead?

More from St Celia at Myxer

No comments: